The rest of the medical school class has joined us MSTPs in anatomy lab. We've completed dissections of the arms, legs, and back in the three or so weeks we've been there. After seeing how dissected The Body was, someone asked, "Did you guys eat lunch?" I laughed pretty hard. We've done about 40 hours of dissection on our body. If only we could have done it over lunch. Sighs. Only one and a half months of anatomy left to go.
It's not actually that I dislike it. It's just such an inconvenience. You smell repulsive until you shower. You have to change in a locker room with a bunch of other people at least twice a day. Things get gross and you want to prevent as much cross-contamination as you possibly can between the stuff that goes into lab and the stuff that doesn't. And it just takes such a long time. If I felt more free then it would probably be better, but as it stands, I'm trying to make living arrangements, I still need to clean, do laundry, cook, and run errands. It's been two months since I moved here and only this week did the mailbox get fixed.
So, I'm not sure when this turned from a post about anatomy to a rant about all the things I need to do, but in conclusion, there's such cool stuff in anatomy, but I just feel too busy to enjoy it properly.
Oh, and dissection is much better than the week of looking at embryology cross-section slides on the computer that we just finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment