-Grant's Dissector
All I can say is: ewwwwwwww.
We've finished the abdominal dissection, and it's my least favorite dissection so far. It's gross, things are not nicely arranged, there's a lot of variable anatomy, and well, it's gross. And not only is it gross, the smell reminds me of seaweed, which is a food I enjoy, and the gallbladder leaked, so half the intestines are green, and there's this frothy bubbly stuff floating around from melted fat. All in all, it sort of looks like a totally revolting little ocean in there. The only thing it has going for it is color. It's definitely the most colorful dissection we've done so far what with the yellow fat, green bile and red coagulated blood against the the general greyish and whitish rest of the body.
We did see some interesting x-rays today, though. There was someone who had a Sky vodka bottle lost in their guts. That must have been really painful beause those bottles are enormous. It took up so much of the abdomen. And I really wish I knew what kind of explanation the patient gave for that.
I want to read that book now. It sounds like my type of humor... hahaha
ReplyDeleteAnd x-rays of BUBBLES! I AM NORMAL! WEE!! (got a little excited there)