Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cake Happiness - chocolate cake with cherries

First, two layers of chocolate cake made following THE chocolate cake recipe from allrecipes.com (dark chocolate cake I).


Then lots of pitted and quartered cherries which stained my fingernails purple for a day.

With some whipped cream added.


Then, tada!

A chocolate cherry cake to commemorate our first anatomy exam. A bit lopsided because I didn't bother leveling the layers and was afriad to put filling to close to the edge, but still a big yum. It's also a celebratory cake, because I passed! At least the practical portion. I now know more about the upper limb (technically, only the part from the shoulder to the elbow is called the arm) than I really ever intended to.






1 comment:

  1. THE chocolate cake never fails!!!
    Maybe I should try baking here. I wonder if I can find all the ingredients at the local supermarket.

    ReplyDelete