Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday night dinner

Dinner, Friday night, at a gastropub, Publican. I'm really sad I didn't have a chance to take pictures, but it would have been a little awkward.
  1. bread: okay
  2. french fries with mayonaisse: extra thick mayonaisse with extra crispy fries
  3. fried pork rind: about what you would expect
  4. ham and pickle variety plate (head cheese, pork pie, pork terrine, sausage, pickled green beans & caper berries): caper berries were big and juicy; terrine was yummy, but I've never had terrine before, so it's hard to say; head cheese was better than expected
  5. cured ham plate: yum!
  6. crudites: it didn't have enough fish flavor and texture
  7. seafood stew: amazing! the salt cod had great texture and a clean but still intensely seafoody flavor; delicious seafood/tomato base
  8. ribs: yum! good cut of meat, cooked just right, smoky flavor
  9. cauliflour: with anchovies, too salty
  10. peas with pea flan: too full to evaluate properly, however it seemed not bad but a little weird
  11. giandua panna cotta + raspberry + anise cookie: raspberry compote overpowered the otherwise wonderful panna cotta, but I ate them seperately, so I was still happy
  12. hard apple cider
  13. sip of "the champagne of beers:" sweet and sparkly
For non-food/drink factors: It's very crowded with little or no space between different groups. It's very loud because it's got a high ceiling and it's full of hard surfaces. The bathrooms are nice. They have very high ceilings, very tall wooden doors (real, actual doors, not flimsy stall doors) and are clean despite that crowd. Sinks are located in the bathroom "lobby" which also have the aforementioned tall doors leading to individual men's and women's bathrooms. There are two men's bathrooms and three women's bathrooms which I appreciate.^^

I left full and happy.=)

Tonight for dinner, I cooked butter glazed carrots with cumin and green onions. I over cooked the carrots a bit, and the green onion flavor didn't come out as much as I had hoped, but cumin is my new favorite spice. Maybe I'll try this again with an onion instead of green onions. And a little hot sauce?

Now, to leave the dinner theme, I got my ears pierced! One ear is slightly but discernably swollen relative to the other one, which is a bit worrying, but we will see. I shall clean fastidiously.

Also, anatomy started today! This means lots of reading! So much reading! It is slightly cool because I can try and feel stuff on my back or move and see if I can tell which muscles are involved. And now, back to reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment